18 Charter members organized Calvary Lutheran Church March 9, 1947. The Rev. A.C. Schiff was the first pastor. Presently, the only living Charter member is Elton Kiesling of Tulsa, Oklahoma. He continues to visit us and a memorial Altar Guild fund has been established in his deceased wife's name that he continues to maintain financially. The first church building was located on Paint Rock Road near the Bell street intersection and was dedicated on the congregation's first anniversary.
In January 1966 the congregation purchased the land of the present location on College Hills Boulevard. Pfluger Construction Company constructed the present church building. It was completed in December, 1974 and dedicated to the Glory of God on April 20, 1975.
Calvary began as a mission congregation of the American Lutheran Church. In 1988 the ALC through merger, became a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The ELCA is composed of over 11,000 congregations throughout the U.S.A. We are part of the North Texas/North Louisiana Synod.
As a part of that national church body, Calvary joins with congregations across America in spreading the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our community, nation and the world.